Sunday, November 05, 2006

ODE TO THE TIMS

I have two friends named "Tim". Both are good friends of mine, and both I never see enough. Both are married to wonderful women, whom I also consider friends.

I'm going to try and make great efforts to see these two Tims (though at seperate times).

So, if either of you are reading this, I'm gonna try and see you soon.

I was just thinking of both Tims (for different reasons) tonight, and recalling with fondness times spent together. Both are men of great character, mind, and values. They are exemplary persons and I'm glad to have known them for all these years.

I've known one Tim since I was 14 or 15. The other I've known since I was 24, I think. So I've known these guys for a long time.

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger tspangberg said...

Thanks for the note, buddy. Yeah, I truly do value the times we had growing up. Looking back, the part of growing up that isn't so fun is, more often than not, losing touch with people you love, folks moving moving out of this real-estate nightmare that is the Bay Area, or getting too involved with grown-up stuff and it gets in the way of friendships. I miss you too, buddy. I'm reminded of you often, like remembering an opinion you had about something (and wondering if you still hold it to be true) especially on the topic of music...or if you still think the sight of "granas" is disgusting!
So when you have a moment, blast a Vinnie Moore CD and/or pop on a classic Ren & Stimpy mis-adventure and maintain a big poop-eating grin on your face and be reminded of those simpler times!
-Tim

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger tspangberg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home